Autumn The Years Last Loveliest Smile

Dear friends,

Today I will share with you some nature shots from the first weekend of November, when I attempted for the first time to see the lovely "Lady With An Ermine" by Da Vinci, hosted at the Wawel Castle.
The title of the posts comes from a quote that passed my mind when I was looking at these pictures. The quote is by William Cullen Bryant and it states that Autumn is the Years Last, Loveliest Smile :) Hope that you feel the same way about Autumn :)
“Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.”
George Eliot
“I cannot endure to waste anything so precious as autumnal sunshine by staying in the house.”
Nathaniel Hawthorne, The American Notebooks
“Just as a painter needs light in order to put the finishing touches to his picture, so I need an inner light, which I feel I never have enough of in the autumn.”
Leo Tolstoy
“Fall colors are funny. They’re so bright and intense and beautiful. It’s like nature is trying to fill you up with color, to saturate you so you can stockpile it before winter turns everything muted and dreary.”
Siobhan Vivian, Same Difference
“Is not this a true autumn day? Just the still melancholy that I love - that makes life and nature harmonise. The birds are consulting about their migrations, the trees are putting on the hectic or the pallid hues of decay, and begin to strew the ground, that ones very footsteps may not disturb the repose of earth and air, while they give us a scent that is a perfect anodyne to the restless spirit. Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.”
George Eliot

Dearest Autumn, I love, Love, LOVE you :) 
Yours truly,
The LadyBug :*
download
alternative link download

Popular posts from this blog

Atmospheres Sketchbook Vol 3

ATM A Connection Oriented Cell Switching Technology

Ashampoo Burning Studio v18 0 3 Portable